top of page
  • Annie Dahlin

Hi baby!

Updated: Aug 20

Luke and I had a couple hours to kill in Couer D'Alene between a morning appointment and the ultrasound. Since we live an hour and fifteen minutes north of there going home in between wasn't an option or very practical. We ran a couple errands but still had a little time to wait. I was feeling nervous and restless and couldn't sit in the car any longer. We were near a Michael's craft store and that sounded like a nice distraction and good place to walk around in some air conditioning to walk off some nerves. I couldn't tell if my queasiness was from morning sickness or nervousness. Probably a little of both.

We made it to the ultrasound place a few minutes early and they took me back right away so we didn't have to wait. All my previous ultrasounds for my pregnancy with my son were done at the doctor's office and felt very cold and sterile. This place had a warm, cozy atmosphere and the ultrasound room was warm and comfortable complete with a big couch for other family members. I was expecting to look at a small computer screen but they had a projector that displays the screen larger than life on the wall in front of you.

I climbed up on the bed and got ready. Luke took my hand. He wasn't worried at all but knew that I was feeling anxious. I was so thankful to have him there. His calm, gentle presence is always a huge comfort for me when I'm anxious.

She found the baby right away and there they were on the screen! Our little one inch bean, wiggling around, heart beat fast and strong. I felt the weight of the past month and a half of wondering melt away and I struggled to hold back the tears. I was overwhelmed with gratitude and relief to see the baby was just fine, all cozy and safe.

She printed out the pictures for us and said we could come back in a month at 14 weeks and find out the gender. I was amazed! 14 weeks?! When I was pregnant with my son they weren't able to do the gender ultrasound until 20 weeks. I guess ultrasound technology has gotten better in the last 14 years. So, we will definitely be going back in about a month to find out if the baby is a boy or girl. I could do a blood test right now and find out but it's not cheap and I would rather spend the money to see the baby again.

The pictures are now up on our fridge in a clear envelope where we can look at them often. They are being held up by a little magnet picture frame that holds the picture of my son's first ultrasound. Yes, I still have it...❤️

52 views3 comments

Recent Posts

See All
bottom of page